Venice – Converted Butty

£69,000

The Venice, one of very few remaining Fellows, Morton and Clayton butties, was built at Saltley and first registered in 1914. After the demise of serious canal carrying, she was abandoned and sunk on the Ashton and Peak Forest Canal and was dug up during the canal restoration and used as a mud hopper by the Lorenz brothers, who were based on the Bridgewater Canal at Bedford Basin, Little Leigh. The owner bought her from Paul Lorenz in 1994 and she was the first total restoration project undertaken by Ian Kemp after he moved his business from Ellesmere Port to Dadford’s Wharf at Stourbridge. She was relaunched on 8th June 1996 and went to Phil Babb at Tardebigge for her high spec. under-canvas conversion be a modern floating home, internally, whilst largely retaining her original working boat appearance externally.

Venice is paired with the motor Falcon and they would ideally be kept together.

Key Features

Builder: Fellows, Morton & Clayton
Type: Narrowbeam
Fitted: Phil Babb
Year: 1914
Length: 70ft / meters
Beam: 7ft
Draught: c.2ft
Lying: London
CRT no: 507740
BSC to: 02/2020

VIEW PDF BROCHURE FOR MORE INFORMATION

Enquire

Contact us to discuss this craft at sales@vcmarine.co.uk
or call us 01753 652502