Baildon is a converted Town Class working boat originally constructed in 1936 by Harland & Wolff as a butty carrying cargo for the Grand Union Canal Company.
Baildon was taken out of service and sold into private use.
Converted to a 58ft 6in traditional style narrowboat with a boatman’s cabin and engine room in 1972.
Originally fitted with a Seffle Semi-Diesel engine during the conversion this was replaced around 1990 for the classic Russell Newbury DM2 that was built in the original factory in 1989 just for Baildon and would be one of the last manufactured under these circumstances.
4 berth – fixed double in cabin plus convertible in Boatman’s cabin. Solid fuel stove. Cassette toilet. BSC to 02/2022.
Lying High Line Yachting, Iver
Builder: Harland & Wolff
Fitted: Refitted in 1972 by G R Wilson & family - owners
Length: 58ft / meters
Beam: 6ft 10in
Lying: High Line Yachting, Iver
CRT no: 64074
BSC to: 02/2022